Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ennui on the air: Letter to NPR's All Things Considered

Dear ATC-

Regarding Robert Krulwich's piece on yawning:

I would say many of us these days can find enough to yawn about just listening to your broadcast without the benefit of audio of college students faining sleepiness. Listening to uninteresting people blab on interminably about their "philosophies" and "core values" in This I Believe and the relentlessly boring and always irrelevant commentary of the fossilized remains of Daniel Shorr provides me with the perfect background noise for a nice nap in the afternoon. I always keep my ear out for hard news, yet my slumber is happily rarely interrupted by any of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories