Thursday, September 02, 2004

They all ought to be ashamed.

According to the New York Times "

Ben Barnes, a former speaker of the Texas House who has said he got George W. Bush into the National Guard in 1968, told an audience of John Kerry supporters in Austin on May 27 that he was ashamed of his role

I walked through the Vietnam Memorial the other day," Mr. Barnes said, according to a videoclip posted on the Internet this summer, "and I looked at the names of people who died in Vietnam and I became more ashamed of myself than I've ever been because the worst thing I did was get a lot of wealthy supporters and a lot of people who had family names of importance into the Guard and I'm very sorry about that and I apologize to you and the voters of Texas." (Of course, if W's squadren of obsolete planes had been sent to Vietnam, he would have gone. If they could find him that is.)

Hmmm, isn't that intersting?

Another interesting fact is that John O'Neill, the main force behind the so called "Swift Boat Veterans" and holder of a thirty year old grudge against Kerry, thinks George Bush is an "empty suit" who is unfit to lead the country. Regardless of 'W"'s inability to run the country O'Neill is still going to vote for him because he hates Kerry so much. That's reasonable, right?

Why isn't this being mentioned in regard to the whole Kerry is a faker debate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories