Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cho Seung-Hui: You can take this gun from my cold, dead hands!

Is there anything any of us can do to get NPR to stop the 'round the clock coverage of the Virginia Tech shootings? Please, someone start a letter-writing campaign or something. If I hear one more update about the mood on the campus at Blacksburg, I'm going to go out of my mind. I've been trying my best to avoid both Mourning Edition (which is what I'm calling it now) and ATC but when I do accidently turn either of them on, it's all Hoakies all the time.

Has NPR dained to notice that there have been 3 murder/suicides in Houston in the last four days or that we've had 9 shooting deaths in the past 24-hours in Philly, which makes 125 dead this year alone? How about the deaths of 9 US soldiers from the 82nd Airborne in Iraq yesterday or the 85 dead altogether for month-two of the "Surge?"

You know, there were 406 murders in Philly last year and this year it looks like we're well on the way to exceeding that. Why no breathless reports on the massacre that's going on daily in the streets on Philadelphia? It couldn't be a socio-economic thing could it? I guess, they just expect poor urban blacks to kill each other. Rich, young white kids dying on their college campus is another thing altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories