Thursday, February 07, 2008

Obama can't win, but he can get the nomination if the GOP so chooses.

Here's a real shocker: Mitt Romney has called it quits. He's outa' there! Man, what kind of pictures does John McCain have on this guy? So typically Republican, though, everybody fall in line follow your orders!

I really love this bit here in this AP story, Romney's reason for leaving the race came down to this: "If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror." See, a vote for either of them is a vote for terror. This is going to be a real interesting general election.

I have a theory or two about why Romney pulled out. It was either the Angel Maroni coming to him in a vision, or, the Powers-That-Be laid down the law and told him to get out of the race for the good of the Party.

In conjunction with this theory I make note of this AP story:

"Democrat Barack Obama raised $7.2 million in less than 48 hours post Super Tuesday and rival Hillary Rodham Clinton collected $4 million, giving him a financial edge that's caused consternation within a Clinton campaign clamoring for attention-getting debates."

Romney pulls out and Obama gets a big pay day. Coincidence? I've been thinking for a while that all this mad money Obama has been banking has the smell of something rotten on it. Do we all really believe most Democrats who are really, really into Obama have that kind of money to be throwing around? In this economy? Where's it all coming from? I think the recipiants of W.'s tax cuts, his base, the ultra rich with money to burn are gaming the democratic nomination process in order to assure a win in 2008.

Why not make sure you've got an opponent of your own making to stand up and knock down in November?

According to the AP "Obama has been riding a wave of fundraising from large donors and small Internet contributors," all of whom have somehow provided his campaign with some 70 or million dollars in the past month? I'm not buying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories