Monday, March 10, 2008

Paper or silicon? New poll: No one reads blogs!

Reuters reports:

"A majority of Americans do not read political blogs, the online commentaries that have proliferated in the race for the U.S. presidency, according to a poll released on Monday. . . Unlike traditional, mainstream media, blogs often adopt a specific point of view. Critics complain they can contain unchecked facts, are poorly edited and use unreliable sources. Despite the attention blogs can get, the poll said 56 percent of Americans say they never read blogs that discuss politics. Another 23 percent read them several times a year, the survey showed."

Of course, no one reads newspapers these days, either. In fact, no one reads. The age of Bush has seen to that!

This isn't news to me, anyway, that's why I call the blog "I'm not worthy," i.e my opinions aren't worthy of the mainstream media.

I don't know about the unchecked facts charge, though, Most bloggers I know are very festitidious about making sure they have links to back up their arguments. That's kind of the whole idea, isn't it? [Not so much the right wingers, though]

If the NYT says things are going great in Iraq, you've got to take their word for it because they're the NYT, right? If I say I'm not buying this whole "surge" bull, I have to troll around the internet for an hour or two in order to back up my assertions; mainly due to the fact that there is so much death and destruction going on there everyday, it's tough to keep up.

I might have a solution to this lack of readership problem. I'm thinking if us political bloggers can some how work more sex into our posts, we might have a btter chance of upping our hits.

reuters says the poll in question found that: "The generation most likely to read . . . blogs are those age 63 or older, 26 percent of whom said they do so. Also, 23 percent of those ages 44 to 62 read them."

Maybe, revealing pix of Jane Fonda as Barbarella or Barbara Eden as Jeanie with her belly button showing might do the trick?




Now, that's hot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories