Monday, January 26, 2009

Taxi To The Dark Side:



I really meant to see this when it came out in the theaters but I never had enough time off from work to get around to it. I saw it last night and it really blew my mind.

I have to say this one of the most detailed movies made about the Bush administration's abuse of power I've seen and makes the most convincing argument, to date, for why Bush and Cheney et al should be hauled before a war crimes tribunal.

You can complain about Michael Moore's going over the top dramatically to hammer home his point, or dismiss any number of other films exposing the crimes of this administration as partisan attacks, but this movie, even the most rabid Bush supporter (who listens to them anymore, anyway?) would have to admit, is as damning as it gets.

This is not the America I grew up in. The actions of the Bush administration spelled out in Taxi in excruciating detail, are absolutly indefensible.

This is not partisan rancure I'm expressing here. The knowledge that our best and brightest, our young, patriotic American soldiers were sent off to foreign lands to brutally torture and kill innocent Afghanis and Iraqis by these draft-dodging homunculi (in the name of those who died on 9/11, no less!), is simply beyond the Pale. (The footage of Alberto Gonzales' squearming to justify torture were particulary nauseating.)

Ulysses S. Grant wrote in his acclaimed memoir that: "Nations, like individuals, are punished for their transgressions."

He felt his generation had paid for the unjust invasion of Mexico by having to fight the Civil War, which cost the lives of 700,000 Americans. I'm afraid we've yet to begin to pay for what all of us allowed to happen to Dilawar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories