Monday, April 24, 2006

United 93 continued:

Paul Greenleaf, the director of United 93, was on Radio Times this morning and after listening to him I'm somewhat less opposed to the idea of the movie now. I still don't like the promotion of and money-making from such subject matter, but it seems he's done a pretty good job. What struck me most about what he said about the way he made the movie was the ending he chose.

At the end, all you see is disembodied arms frantically struggling to get control of the plane as it goes down. He thought this was the perfect metaphor for the situation we're in today. He ended the interview saying that we need to come up with more imaginative solutions to the problems we have, more than what we've done so far. I couldn't agree with this sentiment more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories