Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Goodling not so good.

Well, Monica Goodling has finally testified in front of the House Judiciary Committe and right off the bat she blamed deputy AG McNulty of basically lying to Congress.

"I believe the deputy was not fully candid," she said. According to her it was all Sampson and McNulty, she had nothing to do with the firings and she never spoke to Rove or Miers about them.

She is under oath isn't she? When she initially balked at answering Chairman John Conyers' first question he had to remind her that: "You are obligated to answer each question completely and truthfully." I mean, this woman got imunity to testify and she's still trying to stonewall. The gall of this person!

Of course, she's not the most qualified lawyer out there, she is, after all, a Regent University grad. Someone ought to tell her that lying, even under a grant of immunity, is perjury. She did tell the committe that that she may have gone a little overboard with the whole hiring political ideolgues thing:

AP:

"[Goodling] admitted to have considered applicants for jobs as career prosecutors based on their political loyalties — a violation of federal law.

'I may have gone too far, and I may have taken inappropriate political considerations into account on some occasions,' Goodling said.

'And I regret those mistakes.'

Rep. Bobby Scott, D-Va., hammered Goodling on her decisions to hire prosecutors who favored Republicans.

'Do you believe they were illegal or legal?' Scott asked.

'I don't believe I intended to commit a crime,' Goodling, a lawyer, answered.

'Did you break the law? Is it against the law to take those considerations into account?' Scott said.

'I believe I crossed the line, but I didn't mean to,' she responded."

Ok, so I broke the law, but I didn't mean to, that's ok right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories