Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Israel get's a spanking from the Gipper?

You know, back in the 80's we thought Reagan was pretty much the second coming of Satan, we didn't think things could possibly get worse. Now we know things can always get worse. Just look at these Reagan diary outtakes from Reuters:

"On February 6, 1982, he noted that 'trouble brewing in the Middle East' ahead of the Israeli invasion of southern Lebanon and that, 'Right now Israel has lost a lot of world sympathy.'
He said one particularly devastating bombing and artillery attack on western Beirut in August 1982 had led King Fahd of Saudi Arabia to call the White House 'begging me to do something.'
'I told him I was calling P.M. Begin immediately. And I did -- I was angry -- I told him it had to stop or our entire future relationship was endangered. I used the word holocaust deliberately & said the symbol of war was becoming a picture of a 7-month-old baby with its arms blown off.'"

Imagine that! An American president, that American president, calling the Israeli PM and telling him to cut it out. Time sure have changed; nowadays, we give them political cover working on "sustainable" ceasefires to our own political and diplomatic detriment and send them plane loads of cluster bombs as a reward for turning us into a big bull's eye for every terrorist in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script Top Blog Lists Favourite Blogs Top List
FavouriteBlogs
My Zimbio
Top Stories